HDD is Locked, Please Enter HDD user password - Asrock - [100% Solution]

You might be facing this problem called "THE HDD IS LOCKED". Yeah, it's very annoying and in this post, I am gonna give you guys a proper step-by-step solution to solve this issue without losing your data. Read this post from the very beginning to the end if you really need to get out of this error. 



Let's figure out what type of error are you facing

Basically, this error means your bios thinks that you set a password to a specific HDD, where you didn't do anything. It's a bug and it's common in Asrock Motherboard. Plugging of HDD power and SATA port won't fix this issue. Neither a simple restart. Luckily, there is no risk of losing data so please chill. 

In my case, I was trying to install windows 11 and playing with the TPM module in bios, I was restarting and tweaking bios suddenly this popped up. I thought my HDD got locked somehow and I lost my data. Maybe your case is kinda different and there is only one solution. 


Here is the solution Follow Step by Step

The main culprit is your Motherboard/Bios. So what we can do is reset the bios. To reset bios there is a lot of ways you can do it. Some high-end motherboard has a button to reset.

Step 1: Turn off your PC, Unplugg the main power supply. Disconnect all the power sources. Also, Press and hold your Power button for 10-20 seconds to drain all the electricity from the circuits. 

Step 2: You can find a CMOS Battery in your motherboard. Better if you read the manual. There is a lock and unlock mechanism to pull out the CMOS battery. Just try to pull it out and rest it for 10-15minutes. 

Step 3: Unplug all your HDD(Hard Disk Drive) Power and Sata and rest all of them for 10 minutes. 

Step 4: Now put your CMOS battery on, place it to the exact same slot you pulled out from. Plug all your HDDs, Connect your main Power Cable. By the name of GOD turn on your PC. 

Boom! That's how you can solve this problem. If you still getting the same error then your motherboard has some other ways to reset. These steps are important and no one reveal this solution until now. 

They say check your SATA cables, restart your pc, plug unplug your HDD, Update your bios. I mean check these steps are good but you should follow the above 4 steps to solve your locked HDD problem. 

Please visit my YouTube channel for more technical solutions, click here.
Thanks you




1 Comments

  1. I've encountered this issue today randomly. The other week I also had started to enable TPM (and have restarted since then) but for some reason, the HDD locked issue popped up this morning.

    Unfortuntaely, I tried the steps above and it didn't seem to help.

    In case other people end up here, I saw a situation where a person created a supervisor password in bios and then used that to remove the HDD user passwords and had no problems after that.

    Also unfortunately for me, it seems my x470 taichi v5.10 bios doesn't have an option to set/change HDD passwords... only the bios passwords. What sucks is I saw a reddit thread where a person with x470 taichi v4.7 talked about adjusting their HDD password.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post